Introduced by the Ontario provincial government in 2019, the Ontario Health Team (OHT) model streamlines and integrates services of healthcare providers in a defined geographic region.
Partners work together to co-design a local integrated care delivery system that:
- Exceeds local needs for the unique needs of the communities it serves.
- Provides enhanced integrated healthcare services by improving access to and quality of care and aims to reduce duplication of services.
- Improves care delivery in building integrated partnerships between all healthcare partners to improve the delivery of services for patients and their care providers.
Our Shared Purpose
We are one community that is committed to improving health and wellness. Together we will achieve our goal through system co-design, in a culturally safe and meaningful way.
All my relations – Tous lies – Mitakuye-Oyasin
Our Principles for Working Together
Trust – Innovate Courageously – Respect the Authentic and Diverse Voices Shared – Be Inclusive – Collaborate Person Centre Care – Explore, Learn, Understand, Enjoy the Journey
We're co-designing Health Care in our Region, in an integrated and meaningful way.
Our Couchiching Ontario Health Team is accountable to the community we serve, the partners we lean upon and ultimately, the patients we will provide exceptional care to. Governed by the Ministry of Health’s States of Maturity for Ontario Health Teams, we will strive to:
- Provide a full and coordinated continuum of care
- Provide 24/7 patient access to coordinate care and system navigation
- Improve performance outcomes for all of our stakeholders
- Be measured and reported on
- Operate with a single, clear and accountable framework
- Be funded through various funding envelopes
- Reinvest into frontline care
- Take a digital first approach in alignment with provincial digital health policy